Thursday, January 28, 2010

How To Remove The Castor Wheel

The day I visited an orphanage in Asia

My company has partnerships with many different orphanages in the region. We offer free dental treatments about 2000 orphans each year. 2 times a year, dentists from Holland come and give us a hand to help certain that these orphanages. There is a special orphanage. It is dedicated only to children with HIV / AIDS. One Wednesday afternoon, my mission was to visit the orphanage to compile information and send it to the people of Holland, so they can go and ask for financial assistance to fund their trip.

So what you expect when you visit an orphanage in Vietnam for children with HIV / AIDS? First, we must know that the subject is taboo here. According to UNICEF, only 44% of women over 15 years experience minimum on the subject. When someone is suffering, it is leaking like the plague. Disavow the families and nobody wants to heal / help because we are afraid. So the children infected are left in hospitals, parks, streets ... and those receuillir landing at the orphanage to which I head. Yeah ...

The place is much better than I thought. Very clean. (Not much choice when you treat children with AIDS) ... They are supported by a church and some NGOs. 65 children live there. 11 mothers are with them. In this''home''they eat, sleep, go to school ... do almost anything. It shows me around. I do what I came to do. I ask questions, take statistical ...




In the small clinic where children receive their medication, I talk to the priest in charge. Behind us, there is a lady who rocks a baby of 2 months. It is infected. It was abandoned at the hospital. He is plump. I looked up and saw 5 little boxes on a workbook. I understand that these are 5 boxes full of ashes of 5 children that no one has claimed when they died. The children have drawn animals and suns on the boxes ...





So as I left, I see all the children gathered on the first floor in the main room. Is a celebration of a child. There is a man who acts as a clown. All children ries to tweak it. All died laughing at the clown pinching the buttocks and forming a''''Squick. The most ironic moment of my life. There are 60 children with AIDS face contorted with laughter has a gentleman who is put a toy dog that Squick''''in panties.

0 comments:

Post a Comment